This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
13 Feb 2023
Permanent Financial Accountant – Wood
Financial Accountant – Wood
Working Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Work Type: Permanent
Full Title: Financial Accountant
Closing Date: 30 March 2023
The Employer: Wood
One of our best clients is looking for Financial Accountant to start working recently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the accuracy of monthly financial results and prepare reports to local and business unit management as required.
- To ensure that monthly reporting requirements are met in terms of quality, content and deadlines.
- To prepare monthly management accounts, consolidate and submit on HFM.
- To maintain monthly orderbook.
- To prepare statements for all intercompany accounts and reconcile the statements with those of the other party, resolving queries as necessary.
- To maintain the Company’s fixed asset register, auctioning acquisitions and disposals in a timely manner.
- Calculate depreciation monthly and journalize.
- Control the CAPEX register and the status report thereof.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in accordance with the reconciliation responsibility matrix and approval of reconciliations done by others.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of the monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Raise accruals where necessary to ensure accurate reporting of liabilities at each month end.
- Run Overhead by Cost centre to ensure expenses are captured correctly and investigate large movements.
- Weekly review and sign off creditor’s recons.
- Preparation of journal entries used to capture transactions in the General Ledger.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of the relevant lead schedules, trial balance and draft Financial Statements required by the statutory auditors.
- Responsible for financial, tax and internal control matters including all internal, external, government and client audits.
- To ensure that an effective control environment exists through compliance with all Group and local control frameworks, policies, and procedures as relevant. Maintain a current knowledge of corporate accounting policies, financial reporting requirements, and provide related direction and support to management and staff.
- Liaison with the auditors and answering any queries that might arise as a consequence of the year end and interim reviews.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of interim and annual corporate tax returns and ensure that they are filed in accordance with reporting requirements and deadlines.
- To ensure input and output VAT is correctly claimed or charged and accounted for.
- To ensure monthly VAT returns are submitted on time and any VAT due is paid on time.
- To ensure any VAT refund due is received.
- To ensure adequate security and support is maintained for the accounting systems.
- To assist Manager Finance as requested.
- To assist with annual budget and monthly forecast processes.
- To do other ad hoc work as necessary.
- Must have degree in finance or accounting.
- Must have 5+ years of post-qualification experience.
- Must have advanced user of Excel (Pivot tables, formulas, graphs, v-lookups, links between spreadsheets).
- Must have hands-on experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Must have hands-on experience with Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of current accounting standards and statutory reporting requirements.
- Good understanding of tax matters including CIT and VAT.
- Must have knowledge of international tax.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be self starter, proactive and positive.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
27 total views, 2 today