Permanent HSE Coordinator – Empact Group
HSE Coordinator – Empact Group
Working Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Work Type: Permanent
Full Title: HSE Coordinator
Closing Date: 15 February 2023
The Employer: Empact Group
One of our best clients is looking for HSE Coordinator to start working recently.
- Must have B-Tech / National Diploma Environmental Health
- Must have National Diploma Food Technology or Food Science with supplementary safety, environmental, health or risk management training NEBOSH.
- Must have minimum of 5 years Industry experience –in food production / food manufacturing / auditing of food safety management systems
- Must be able to work with a variety of different people and across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to handle heavy workload.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve the overall HSE and risk management objectives of the organization.
- Must handle challenging situations and customers (internal and external).
- Must have own Care, Driver’s License and Willing to Travel to units in remote locations.
- To develop, implement and monitor HSE policies, procedures and reporting throughout the business.
- To develop, review, and update the Integrated Risk Management System and documentation.
- To conduct pre-mobilization risk assessments on new sites and work with the sales and operations teams to identify risk factors and suggest mitigation measures.
- To conduct scheduled food unit audits.
- To compile reports of all site visits and audits, classifying and detailing non-conformances and suggesting corrective action (where appropriate).
- Actively contribute to the development of training material content.
- To conduct on-site HSE training of unit managers, catering managers and regional managers, as and when required by the business.
- Work closely with the Incident Management Controller on the reporting and classification of incidents.
- To investigate and verify incident classifications and verify the incident log on a monthly basis and ensure the close out of all incidents following a robust investigative process.
- To assist the operations team in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented. Make policy recommendations to the business following on from incidents and near misses.
- To assist the units in updating and maintaining their Certificate of Food Premise Acceptability (COFPA) and other legal requirements.
- To keep up to date with changes in current legislation and inform the business accordingly.
- To act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies.
- Maintain updated electronic copies of the various acts and regulations.
- To liaise with the local Environmental Health Practioners (EHP), Department of Health officials, fire department etc.
- To prepare, submit and present reports, statistics and trend analysis related to HSE performance.
- To attend regular meetings with regional managers where you will provide feedback to the business in terms of HSE compliance and opportunities to improve.
- To plan properly for all travel and control all expenses in line with the HSE budget requirements.
- Adhere to the company Business Code of Ethics and rules of confidentiality.
- Be professional in all communication channels and keep your colleagues and units informed of any developments or changes relevant to their daily duties.
12 total views, 1 today