This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
13 Feb 2023
Full-Time Risk Officer – Nedbank
Risk Officer – Nedbank
Working Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Work Type: Full-time
Full Title: Risk Officer
Closing Date: 30 March 2023
The Employer: Nedbank
One of our best clients is looking for Risk Officer to start working recently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- To participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- To identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Gain access to client companies by presenting consumer education programmes and financial training to employees of the company.
- Identify opportunities for selling products and services by identifying needs and making recommendations for interventions to the client and/or to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Deliver on targets and due dates by conducting pre-planning for all interventions and training and liaising with clients and internal stakeholders to confirm training arrangements.
- Prevent unnecessary costs by following plans and confirming all arrangements.
- To keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- To ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- To ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Meet external client needs by delivering training and consumer education.
- To make recommendations for service improvements by using feedback gathered in training sessions and other engagements with clients.
- To build relationships and indentify synergies with internal clients by attending meetings; communicating regularly; visiting clients with the relevant internal stakeholders.
- To execute activities in line with client expectations by engaging with the client and relevant internal and external stakeholders during the pre-planning stage.
- To present consumer education programmes and financial training using approved and/or accredited training courses and materials; and in line with agreed plans.
- To confirm that activities at client premises conducted by bank representatives comply with bank processes and procedures by visiting agreed events with relevant internal stakeholders and assessing against relevant approved guidelines/checklists.
- To conduct gap analysis of bank representatives using the relevant guidelines and checklists to confirm compliance to bank standards and compliance to national legislation.
- To provide coaching and/or recommendations for corrective measures based on gap analysis, using root cause analysis techniques and effective feedback and coaching skills.
- To train/coach relevant internal stakeholders in business systems by following training guides and using approved support material.
- Provide risk management assurance to the bank on the operationalization of governance regulations, Policies, Processes etc.
Key Qualifications – NQF Level:
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Must have Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting , Bachelor of Commerce: Internal Auditing
- Must have 5 years Banking experience and/or 3 years Operational risk experience
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
27 total views, 1 today